Wednesday, September 3, 2008

90210 flashback

Did anyone get to watch the new 90210? Not me! For some reason Dish Network doesn’t provide me with that channel. I don’t know why else I’m paying 130.00 a month for the “everything” package, except to get everything. But, NO I can’t get the one channel that airs the remake of my most beloved show of all time. Did I mention I HEART Dylan? Or how I always wished I was friends with Brenda, Kelly, and Donna? Yes, I was a dork. But I watched the show religiously every single season. Wednesday nights were MY night. I saw Kelly through an eating disorder, a neglectful mother, her slutty image, almost burning up in a bathroom with a lesbian who was in love with her, her occult phase, and her gun shot induced amnesia. But, I totally rooted for Brenda during the Kelly, Dylan, Brenda love triangle.

So even though I realize I’m 29, a wife, and mother of two…..I still can’t get enough of the teenage predicaments, romances, flings, and just overall drama. So I still occasionally watch 90210 reruns on SOAP network and I totally wanted to see the new 90210!!! If nothing else just to see Jennie Garth and Shannon Doherty reprise their roles. I did buy this weeks copy of US weekly because Shannon was on the front dishing about her time on the show, and on the way home today I did hear “How Do You Talk to an Angel” on the radio. Which any die hard fan will remember was the song of Jamie Walter’s character on the spinoff show “The Heights”, who then later joined the 90210 gang as Donna’s [abusive] love interest. ANYWAY, I’m completely bummed that I can’t watch the new one. I’m actually considering calling the satellite company to see what it would cost to add the channel…….now that’s loyalty. Or maybe it's just weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate that I missed it, too!! But it would help if I knew what channel it came on...lol! What channel is it? I'll watch it for you and give you updates :-)