Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Confessions

These are rated G, I promise.

1)First of all, let it be known that I'm not a huge fan of V-day. I'm too practical to be okay with spending tons of money on flowers that die, candy that makes me fat, cards that get thrown away, and whatever else was invented just to sucker people into feeling like they have to overspend in order to prove their love!
That being said......

2)On Saturday, after a day of housecleaning for me and a long day at work for hubby, we all settled down with Popeye’s chicken and a movie that night.

3)On Sunday I took Alexandria to see ‘Coraline’ then we scoured the V-day leftovers (50% off thankyouverymuch) at HEB and got candy for all (plus 2 stuffed animals for 2 little girls) and spent a total of 10.00.

4)I had a no pressure, stress free, relaxing & fun Valentines weekend spending time with those I love. Afterall, isn't that what this silly little "holiday" is about?

2 comments:

Rose said...

FUN! We went to the aquarium and didn't think about St. valentine or anything red or pink for most of the day!

Clovis2012 said...

Wow...you're husband's a lucky man. Every girlfriend that I ever had wasn't happy unless I spent a ton of money and planned this big to do thing. Where do I go to find someone who's more interested in spending time with me on that day instead of having to make me break the bank??