Saturday, January 8, 2011

Surprising/Confusing Revelations from Divorce

We shouldn’t have gotten married.

I married the wrong person for the wrong reasons.

If my love felt so real with him, then how will I ever know when I AM in the right relationship and with the right person?

I am a statistic. And not a pleasant one.

I feel like a few years of my life were wasted….and I can never get them back. But maybe they were necessary?

What if I am alone for the rest of my life? What if I never experience true love or intimacy again?

If I had left sooner would it have been easier/worse/different at all?

Sometimes I’m just not sure where to go from here. How long do you feel lost in your identity?

How will I know when I’m over the worst of it? Will anything ever be easy again? Will anything ever be this hard again?

I know that everyone’s future is uncertain, but mine feels REALLY uncertain. I can’t even imagine where my life will be a year from now, and that’s really hard for someone like me to even conceptualize.

No comments: