Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Year

2010: I don’t even know what to say. My initial instinct is to laugh. Hmmm defense mechanism? Yes this was a life altering year for me, but what else can I say that hasn't been said already?  Not much; that’s made abundantly clear on my blog. So I’d rather write about the prospects for 2011:

I think it’s safe to say at this point in my life I am well schooled in trying to go with what life throws my way. I am well versed in mini pep talks to myself, finding my strength, hanging on to my faith (sometimes by a thread), and pushing through. But what I hope to gain (and as quickly as possible please dear God) is to….

…learn how to let go of expectations.

…try and recognize and understand the woman that I truly am and then hold THAT in a higher regard then the ugly thoughts of the past

…and oh yea if it’s not too much to ask, I want to learn how to just simply… BE. Just exist peacefully..... As an individual. Without empty excess; without anxiety; without guilt. I want serenity within.

No comments: