Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Disclaimer

Sometimes I feel like I’ve been ousted from this privileged club; one full of people who manage to keep their marriage together.  As my divorce moves forward I’m sure I’ll be finding myself “announcing” it again & again.  And I’m realizing more and more that I want everyone to know that I tried. Like I feel the need to add a disclaimer to my divorce status stating “I was married for 11 years and gave it everything I had.  So much so that it sucked me dry.  I lay my head on my pillow each night knowing that I gave 250%, but it still failed.  That happens sometimes.  Yes it’s sad, no it isn’t the story I envisioned for myself, but sometimes that happens too.”

1 comment:

Tumikia said...

I hear yeah. I just found out after nine years my husband is leaving me via text....I have no idea what happened or why its happening... I've done everything to make this work...I even have done things I didn't want to do...I hate that people label people really I don't want to be the divorced one but really they is so much more to me...I am a great person with a full life to come... now back off of this labeling crap