Sunday, April 18, 2010

Facebook

You started off as a place I could go to catch up with old friends, and maybe even make new ones; a place I could write silly, random, self-centered little blurbs about my life to break up the monotony of it all. I even shared you with my husband. Then I put myself out there, and linked others to my personal thoughts. I thought I was choosy and careful about who I invited in. I vented, I raged, I made fun of myself. I offered glimpses into my world. But even more then that, you gave me insight into others that I might not would have seen. I was a fly on the wall in conversations, sometimes putting pieces together....or thinking that I was. You make it too easy for secrets, new relationships, and instant communication for the lonely and the lost. You are a world all on your own. Or maybe just a trap.

No comments: